15 amp ECM fuse 2012

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

delonnelj

Hey so my ecm fuse keeps blowing, as well as the battery fuse sometimes. If I leave the battery fuse in the fuel pump keeps running with the key on and no ECM fuse. Obviously without the battery fuse in, I can add the ECM fuse a without it blowing and of course the pump doesn't run with the key on.
It's on my boat but it's the same 215s on the skis. I'm looking for commenters who have dealt with or seen this issue. I'm not interested in the obvious short or bad ECM general commenters thanks..

Typical of what happens to the ECU when the the boat is jump started but also happens with trickle charging and loose cables or low batteries.

Have seen it before and yes, the obvious answer was the correct fix to replace the ECU. The ECU is not repairable unless you can replace the blown diode.

Typical of what happens to the ECU when the the boat is jump started but also happens with trickle charging and loose cables or low batteries.

Have seen it before and yes, the obvious answer was the correct fix to replace the ECU. The ECU is not repairable unless you can replace the blown diode.
Thank you. I swapped the ECU and it blew the same fuse. So yes it's the ECu like you said. It happened because I blew the charging fuse and had the battery lights show, and put in too high an amp on that circuit and the ECU circuit. I changed the rectifiers and within a few mins the ECU stopped working. I did a couple rounds of tubing and parked and a few hours later the boat, that engine and the cluster, were acting up. I'm going to send the computer to a company in Minnesota, guy named nick to see if they can repair this computer and a random ECU on an older ski I've been meaning to send them. I'll update. But yes sad day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back