12v Power Outlet

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ravekiss

I've tried using a plugged in spotlight while driving our boat at night but the 12v outlet doesnt seem to work. Is there a fuse for the 12v outlet, if so where can it be found?

Use a meter to actually see if you have 12 VDC at the acc plug. If there is no power trace the wires back to the panel. Also you may want to check the spot light on a known good outlet.

Good luck.

I will use a meter to check the plug next time i go on the boat. I know for sure the spotlight works, I checked it on the car's outlet. thanks

I am having trouble with mine also... it is a brand new 2008 Speedster 150. I tried to add a little air to the tube I was pulling and the pump ran for about 5 seconds and now nothing. I thought I had seen a fault come up on the dash board saying 12V low but the boat starts with no problem... sorry to jack the thread but maybe someone can help both of us.

Not 100% sure but the boat may have a battery saver technology that shuts power off to accessories if battery voltage drops to ensure that you have enough power to start the engine. Check your compressor with the engine running.

Hey guys...I too am having this difficulty with my '06 sportster...I also hooked up an air pump and after about 5 seconds it popped the fuse.....I replaced the fuse and it popped it again....I put in a stronger fuse and its not popping but now I'm not comfortable running anything out of it for fear that I'm over riding the root of the problem and risk damaging something more seriously.....anbody have any suggestions?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back