10 hour maintenance necessary on 2012 RXT iS?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

flowersga

I just got to the 10 hour mark on my new 2012 RXT iS. The maintenance light did not come on but I remembered the dealer telling me to come in at 10 hours. The owner's manual doesn't say anything about 10 hour service - the first interval is at 25. Of course, Seadoo's website says it's recommended at 10 hours. So, my question is, is it necessary? Is it just an oil/filter change and checking bolts? The dealer wanted $350 but I was given a 50% off first service coupon. The price just seems astronomical.

I'm heading to Lake Powell for a week soon so it will come back with way more than 25 hours. I'm sure it's a good idea to just have it worked on now...I just thought I'd get some advice from this forum.

Thanks all!

Greg

Dealer told me on 2012 the first required maintenance is at 25 hours, but you can get an inspection at 10 which is optional.

If the dealer says 10 and sea doo says 25 I would do 25hrs but if your going to be gone and rid a lot I would era on the caution side and have it serviced b4 going on ur trip. I would ask the dealer what all they are going to do to service it as it might be things you can do yourself.

Hi
I just pulled out my maint. chart for my 07 RXT, and at that time, a 10 hour service was listed. It reflected 29 inspection points with one 'R' which was to replace oil/filter. If I remember, (and it is a vague memory) BRP used some type of "break-in" oil. The 25 hr reflected a single inspection, while the 50hr was the big hitter. That being said, if I had a 50% off 1st service coupon, I'd check the maint schedule and apply the coupon for maximum advantage.
Lake Powell? You lucky dog. I've not been there yet but I've been asking around where to put in to enjoy optimum eye candy. Do you have a recomendation?
Have fun

IMO, Powell is the best place on earth. I'm from LA so it's a long drive but totally worth it. If you're in Vegas, you're halfway there compared to me.

Thanks for the advice all. I'm going to have the service done this time since I'll have quite a few hours on it by the time I get back. Next time, I'll probably change the oil myself.

i just turned 10 hrs on my 2012 RXT-X and when i got it dealer said the first service was 25hrs.

The first service requirement on the 2012 models has been changed to 25 hr from the old 10 hr. The 10 hr that may be listed is just an inspection which can be done yourself if your comfortable with it. The check points are listed in the owners manuel.

I have a 2012 GTI 130SE and just hit the 10 hour mark too. The dealer told me the mark was officially 25 hours for the 2012s, but the dealer still recommended coming in at 10 hours. They told me the service included and oil change and "looking it over".

If you will be way over 25 for your week at the lake, I'd probably go ahead and take it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back