08 RXT-X Performance upgrades

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

wareagle5693

what do you suggest I do? My dad just got us an 08 RXT-X, and was wondering what performance upgrades to do, I was looking at the Riva Stage I Kit, or maybe Stage II when it comes out. But what do you guys think?

Thanks! I'll check it out as soon as I get a chance. I'm guessing thats about as much speed increase as I'll get? Or can I up it some more?

First get out on the lake when its good and flat and GPS your top speed so you have a refrence point when you start moding

Tell me your budget and and topspeed your going for and ill tell you the best mods. Ive seen these seadoos with close to 500hp so it will depend how much you are willing to spend.

Cheap mods

You can fill the ride plate holes for 1mph

Home made Kanaflex cold air intake will get you an extra 100rpm's

First get out on the lake when its good and flat and GPS your top speed so you have a refrence point when you start moding

Tell me your budget and and topspeed your going for and ill tell you the best mods. Ive seen these seadoos with close to 500hp so it will depend how much you are willing to spend.

Cheap mods

You can fill the ride plate holes for 1mph

Home made Kanaflex cold air intake will get you an extra 100rpm's

Honestly on how much I want to spend, it depends on how much I start making with my job in May, and I'll try to get a GPS on and get out there Friday, you think the lake will be pretty flat on Good Friday? Hopefully. Where should I put the GPS? And as soon as I find out I'll let ya know. But I wanna get a pretty decent topspeed.

Mount the gps on the bars or try in the glove box but might not get a signal.

with a the mod below you should see 74-75mph id think for around $700, Also upgraging the intake grate youll get better hook up in choppy water pluse close to 3mph.
Stick with the parts ive mentiond cause you dont want to void your warranty

15/22 impeller

4" kanaflex cold air intake, run in up to the gas tank to keep it dry http://www.morelandhose.com/industrial_hose/kana_flex_hose.htm

R&D X grate http://www.rd-performance.com/

Ride plate holes filled

Last edited by a moderator:
it should get you close to that but wind, current, water temp, fuel level will all play apart in the top speed. when testing your speed always have the same amont of fuel, full tank youll loose a mph or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back