07 speedster and dealer!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

nutoy8

Hey guys, new here to the site. I have an '07 speedster 215hp that wont go over 6600 rpm and 38 mph. Hits rev limiter out of water.Checked intake and all is clear.Placed back in water and same thing.Any ideas would be helpful.
This whole ordeal started after having it serviced at the dealer.When I bought the boat in 4/07, the hours meter never worked. Stayed at 9 hrs when I know I had 10.Took into dealer 5/07 for the 10 hr service and to fix meter.All services for first 2 yrs prepaid as part of service contract. I got the boat back and they didnt fix meter.Said they would call after talking to seadoo. I ran the boat during summer. No problems. I ran it about 25 hours. Never heard from dealer.Now its 4/08 and I make appointment to take it in for its next service and to fix gauge.Before I took it in, I used it to ride for an hour to make sure its ok.No problems.So I take it in.Upon pick up they scrubbed the rubrail and scratched the sticker on port side.They agree to repair.Then when I go use it,it overheats during first 10 mins use.Check engine lite is on and no revs.Towed in.Nothing in grate or jet.Take back to dealer and they say nothing is wrong.Probably sucked something up.OK.Take it out after that and now the 6600 rpm and 38 mph trouble is here.Any clues?

What dealer did you take it to? I have heard about the Hour meter being a warranty issue. Is the service contract with Sea Doo, or the local dealer? If it is with Sea Doo go to another dealer. I would have the dealer get it strightened out because of the service contract. If it is just with a specific dealer call seadoo and explain your problem. I'm sure Seadoo will try to get it taken care of. If you mess with it it might void any service contract you have left. Keep us posted on an update...Also who the dealer is.

Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back