07 Speedster 150 SC -only 6400rpm at full throttle ?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rodge37

Hi,

My 07 Speedster 150 SC has 20hrs and is only doing 6400 rpms and about 42mph. Last summer I was doing 8000rpms and 65mph. What is the problem anyone ?

thanks,

Justin

Hi,

My 07 Speedster 150 SC has 20hrs and is only doing 6400 rpms and about 42mph. Last summer I was doing 8000rpms and 65mph. What is the problem anyone ?

thanks,

Justin

You have a fouled plug....replace all 3 and you will be golden!!

I have a 2008 Speedster 150 with a 215hp and 23 hours on it, doing the same thing. Its running at 6300 rpms and 35 mph on the GPS. Changed all three plugs and still no change. Took it back to the dealer today.

Two weeks ago my speedster quit on the water saying no oil pressure. Dealer found bad oil sender. Thats when it started acting up at 6300 rpm at wot. Im thinking its related?

I will let you know as soon as I hear back. A co-worker said he had to much oil like Thor7000 had said. I have only had my 2008 Speedster for 6 weeks and the dealer said they changed the oil before I purchased it, so you would think its at the right level.

The clutch on the super charger failed. Good thing for the extended warranty. But you shouldn't need a rebuild at 23 hours.

So yesterday I took my 2008 Speedster 150, 215hp out after having the Supercharger rebuilt. It rocked around 7800 rpms and 63 mph. What a great feeling! Spent most of the day tubing and wake boarding with family, life is good.

Hi can someone tell me how to take out the spark plugs ? I took out the ignition coils but the plugs are way down in the bottom. Do I need to remove the engine cover to get to the plugs

thanks

Mine 215hp has a plastic shield on top of engine, removed that, plug boots are just under that. The plugs sit far down, but if you use of piece of rubber hose after you loosen the plugs they can be pulled up. The rubber hose also works well for starting the plugs, you dont have to worry about stripping or cross threading, just tighten finger tight and snug with a spark plug socket.

I have one with only thirteen hours on it and was told that the gas with ethynol in it will cause that. Mine was doing the same thing but only briefly every once in a while . I changed
to ethynol free and it is not doing that anymore. My only concern after switching gas was that my 2009 supercharged was not quite hitting 8000 rpm's it a little over 7800 but apparently that is good depending on conditions. According to what I heard,ethynol will cause moisture in the gas tank and cause the low rpm's. Try switching and see if that helps. If it does? Let me know.

I tried new spark plugs yesterday, still only got 6500rpms and 40mph. Also, They don't sell non ethanol gas anywhere around me here in Arlington VA, near Wash DC.

When you get a SC rebuild done. Does it come with the new metal washers ? A dealer here in Baltimore told me last summer that I need the new washers.

(I'm not mechanical at all. I work in an office here at the Pentagon).

thanks,

Justin

The washers and the rebuild are usually 2 different services. But you might as well take it off and have it all done at once. Hopefully yours is just slipping and nothing has broke yet.

Can someone tell me a worst case scenario ? Like if the ceramic washers broke is my engine toast ??

I took my boat into the mechanic over the weekend in Baltimore...waiting for him to call now with the diagnosis (repair bill estimate) ??

thanks,

Justin

Worst case, the washers shattered and fell in the engine and the pieces made a mess and now the whole thing is a huge anchor. Repair, $5000+

Damn that will suck if thats what happened.

Well, my boat still does 40mph and 6400rpms-- so will it continue to do at least that or will the engine eventually stop altogether ?

You need to stop using it. i told ya that when you first posted. It may just be that it is slipping and will just need to be rebuilt. You keep using it and you will be sure to ruin the engine totally.

Hi,

My mechanic just called and said the Supercharger is "slipping" and I need a Supercharger rebuild. At only 21 hrs ??

Also, he suggested I also get a " 4 inch air intake" upgrade. Will this upgrade make much difference in performance ??

thanks,

Justin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back