07 challenger 180

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trblanch

Help me out folks. Just got 07 challenger 180 and it's not chirping when I put the key on. The dash lights up for a second or two but goes blank right after and will not try to start. will not chirp at all, just a buzzer every few minutes. Neutral switch has been bypassed as well. All other dash accessories work and I have new battery on the boat. I havent traced the wires yet but I wanted to see what everyone thought the problem is.

I've checked every fuse I can fine. About 20 total. 6 in each panel and all I can find in the engine compartment

Help me out folks. Just got 07 challenger 180 and it's not chirping when I put the key on. The dash lights up for a second or two but goes blank right after and will not try to start. will not chirp at all, just a buzzer every few minutes. Neutral switch has been bypassed as well. All other dash accessories work and I have new battery on the boat. I havent traced the wires yet but I wanted to see what everyone thought the problem is.

Sounds like the boat isn’t recognizing the DESS key. The ECM controls the DESS system. I have the same boat and had issues that related to the DESS and ended up having to replace the ECM at a sea doo repair shop.

Sounds like the boat isn’t recognizing the DESS key. The ECM controls the DESS system. I have the same boat and had issues that related to the DESS and ended up having to replace the ECM at a sea doo repair shop.
Any chance you can tell me where the ecm and perhaps how to test it? I haven't had much luck finding a schematic showing anything but the fuse panels...

Any chance you can tell me where the ecm and perhaps how to test it? I haven't had much luck finding a schematic showing anything but the fuse panels...

IMG_0412.JPG

Here’s the location. Not sure how to test it except with Sea Doo BUDS software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back