05 challenger 185 starting issues:(

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

larsgard

Please help!

Allready 2000$ in repairs and it doesen't start.

I brought it in to a sea doo dealer in clearwater, fl and they said it was a broken crankshaft sensor. 635$ later they called and said it was the coils...

Now it is 466$ added and they still couldn't get it to start...

So they changed the idle bypass valve... No start...

Now they did a boil out because they said it was water in the oil...

2.000$ later they gave me the boat back. It started and did run until i came back to the dock. Had to go and get something, came back after 5 min and it just wouldn't start again...

Back to the dealer, changed coil and plugs again and they started it 20 times and then took it to the water to try it them self. No start:(

They called me again and wants 1000$ for a computer that MIGHT be broken?

I just wanna burn the boat at their lot. Has only 87 hours but is out of warranty so i'm stuck!

Anybody that can help?

Thank you so much

May sound a bit simplistic, but have you changed the battery? Is it cranking but not starting? Or not cranking at all? If you could be a bit more descriptive about what its happening when you try to start it, the tech guys may be able to give you a better insight.

May sound a bit simplistic, but have you changed the battery? Is it cranking but not starting? Or not cranking at all? If you could be a bit more descriptive about what its happening when you try to start it, the tech guys may be able to give you a better insight.[/QUOTE

It's cranking and the battery is new and is really good,
They cut the computer cost ink labor today in half, at least helps...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back