04 RXP oil light limp mode

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

crashfixr

Not sure if this is where I post a tech question..but here goes... I just picked up an 04 rxp w/ 25 hrs on it I had a local dealer do a full service to make sure the ski was up to par...after an hour of riding the oil light came on went into limp mode...this occurs just between 3000 and 3500 rpms in and out of the water (on trailer w/ water running through) first time back to seadoo nothing in computer stored ..they say nothing wrong BS.. I put the upper oil sensor in and had them put the lower in (more difficult) they say they checked it and it's fine...GUESS WHAT IT'S STILL NOT !!!! Any idea's on what this could be... I have read many posts similar...Let me know Thanks Frank

I have same problem on my 2008 RXPX. I am replacing the oil sensors and checking the oil regulator valve and possibly replacing it. I will let you know if this works.

Check your oil filter as well! It may be stopped up and collapsed inside the canister... I'd go ahead and change it while you have the filter element out.

Regards.

- Michael

Same problem on my 03 GTX except it happens intermittently on start up, changed oil sensors twice, changed oil and filter multiple times, let me know if anybody figures this one out. Thanx.

I replaced the rear sensor. While doing so I noticed that water had accumulated around the sensor and wire socket. I am thinking that maybe the contact was bad due to water accumulation. I sprayed in contact cleaner and installed the new sensor and it runs great now.

Lack of OIL in the canister--I talked to my favorite dealer in Kingsland Texas and he advised me that the oil can actually drain out and when opened it might appear dry, but there should be some oil wetness somewhere. There was very little in mine, but all is good. So this is a normal condition not abnormal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back