03 rxdi low rpms and speed issue

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't go into it... I am on vacation and riding the skis. I am going to have a problem getting the clamp loose and am contemplating what I will do to replace it. If I take it apart.... the ski is done till I get home. Question though... could a leak like we are discussing hurt mid range performance? I got decent top end but no punch.
Well my hole in the diaphragm just cause me to lose 400rpms and about 12 mph. But I felt the midrange was still pretty decent but think it got better after sealing the pinhole. I think you should be seeing a loss of rpms up top if u have a hole in yours

If you blow in any line on the valve air comes out of the other two on mine.
Mine did that too. What I did was block off all the other holes and just blew into the port with the arrow coming IN. And watched the diaphram inflate and slowly deflate from the pinhole..I did this with a hand pump though.

Nope. There is a calibrated spring in the WCV. As the rpms increase the water flow increases overpowering the spring and allowing a water spray into the hot exhaust keeping it cool.
So basically running it WOT without a functioning wcv could melt exhaust couplers and what not?

There are other coolant lines for the tuned pipe that keep it cool prior to the water box. I have a diagram, but it is on a laptop that I use for all my jet skis, tractor etc. maintenance and repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back