03 Gti LE running rough in low end and tough to start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chiefsforever46

Hey guys,

I recently picked up a 2003 GTI LE 717. The owner took really good care of it. He said he went to start it up this spring and it wouldn't turn over and he ended up buying a new ski.
It needed a starter which I replaced. It turns over good but its tough to start, the idle is kinda rough and it hessitates sometimes in the low end power. Top end power seems to have no problems. It will start if I give it throttle and chug it over a few times. I've been using it this summer but I'd like to get to the bottom of it, so if anyone has any pointers to send me in the right direction I'd be grateful.
I also noticed a loose hose that I thought was a ventilation hose but I've included a picture if anyone knows for sure.
Thank you in advance for your help!!

FYI. I work on 4 stroke atvs and lawn mowers a lot but I'm new to PWCs.

I don't see any pictures.

More than likely you need a carb rebuild with only Genuine Mikuni parts and make sure the accelerator pump is squirting fuel.

Also if you bought an aftermarket starter they typically do not last very long so be prepared.

Thanks for the reply. Here is the pictures, I guess they didn't upload the first time. I'm leaning toward rebuilding them too. Does Seadoo parts house have Mukini parts? I used a used OEM starter so hopefully it last a while still.

The hose is the battery vent tube used with wet flooded batteries. If you are using maintenance free it isn't used.

The easiest one stop shopping is OSD seadoo. Use their back to OEM carb kits with needle and seats, new fuel selector and fuel strainer. I also like to replace the little 3/32" oil injection lines from the pump to the intake manifold and oil filter while I have to carb off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back