02 Seadoo Gtx DI Fuel Pump wont stop

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Miguel121

Hello,
I have a 02 Seadoo gtx Di and after I connecting the Battery, the fuel Pump comes on and stays always on. There is no Key in the Post.

Anybody kmows whats going on???

Hello,
I have a 02 Seadoo gtx Di and after I connecting the Battery, the fuel Pump comes on and stays always on. There is no Key in the Post.

Anybody kmows whats going on???
Sounds like a wiring problem...dead short to the fuel pump - the fuel pump is getting direct battery voltage.....time to start tracing the wiring through the ski.

What about the mpem???
What about it? The short could be anywhere, of course.....you could have a corrosion bridge somewhere/anywhere....I'd start by first checking all the harness connections, pulling and re-seating them, cleaning all electric contacts, etc....pull and re-seat the fuel connection first.

You said the DESS key was not installed, so the mpem gets battery voltage but with no key installed, the ski is still technically sleeping....hitting the S/S button with no DESS will wake the ski up, hitting the S/S button with DESS installed should fire up the ski.

Thats means the mpem is giving the voltage free to the pump if the Key is insert.

Its not only the harness bad.... it can also the mpem.

Could be.....your fuel pump pins are located in Connector #4 pins 24 (negative - ground) & #26 (positive voltage).

So, if you connect the battery (and the pump comes on like you said), then disconnect MPEM connector #4 to see if it stops. It should....that'll tell you that the fuel pump is getting direct battery volatge
Thats means the mpem is giving the voltage free to the pump if the Key is insert.

Its not only the harness bad.... it can also the mpem.

Once the DESS key is installed, the fuel pump should run for 2 seconds to pressurize the fuel rail. If the pump does not shut off, the ECU/MPEM could be bad.

The fuel pump pins (#24 & #26 are in the MPEM connector #4).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back