02 GTX Rfi Counter-balance shaft seal ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyman2020

Got my new cbs from sbt rebuilt and was going to seal up the case today and im leaking 30w into my rear cylinder still....This cavity is suppose to be sealed from the rear cylinder correct? Should i apply moly or three bond to the outside of the seals? Any other tips on sealing this case i should know? Thanks

:eek: Dont tell me the service manual is wrong....after a couple of beers and tearing the case back down i noticed that the rear cylinder is open to this cavity via crank bearing? Is this lubed by the 2 stroke oil......dont tell me i tore apart a good engine ;'(

How much oil did you put in the cavity? I've only done a few engines but never noticed because I add the oil after th engine is assembled completely. :) On a side note: The older 787s don't have the removable plug to add oil..

How much oil did you put in the cavity? I've only done a few engines but never noticed because I add the oil after th engine is assembled completely. :) On a side note: The older 787s don't have the removable plug to add oil..
30 mls of 30 w...Just dont know if this is a separate cav and i had the bottom end together...Anyone know if the cb shaft pto bearing is lubed by the rear pto cylinder 2 stroke mist from the engine orrr is it suppose to hold this 30 ml of 30 w

Why yes, yes it is. And no, the manual isn't wrong. The 97+ cases have a full and drain plug. The 95-96 787 does not. Those you have to fill before you put the PTO cylinder on, there is a small hole that you fill it thru. The double stacked seals are there to prevent the oil from running up the cb shaft to the front bearing. You can also use 2 stroke oil instead of the sae 30w.

So this cavity is linked to that pto cylinder? The only thing there is a labyrinth washer? Is the 30w just for bearing startup after rebuild...

It will eventually get consumed. Nothing to worry about
Offf well i tore a motor apart for a learning experience it seems lol.....Ima cry if my inners decide to leak now XD..Had a bad seal on the cap for the counter balance shaft. so i guess i still had to get in the bottom end but prob didnt need this counter balance shaft welp new bearings atleast i guess looked like some water intrusion at some point got to mine anyways...I have a 951 aswell maybe this is were i got mixed up because the have a sealed cb res...Make more sense then to hope that 2 stroke makes its way down there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back