02 GTX DI 155 pump information

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eavedesian

Good afternoon all. Hopefully someone can clarify some information for me and tell me if I have an understanding of the pump situation. I'm dealing with a pump housing from an 03 GTX di that I cant use in my 02 GTX DI because someone cut the lip off where the neoprene seal goes. Yes the previous tech cut it off so, if used, it would never seal to the plate on the hull.

118582706_3825650444131071_1026505923772727463_o.jpg

From what I gather there are 2 shafts that can possibly be used in a 155 housing. 1 for a thicker thrust bearing and 1 for a thinner bearing. The shaft accomodating for the thinner bearing is used in a bronze pump and the thicker shaft where the thrust bearing shoulder and bearing is used in the all plastic housings?

Are there different impeller shaft lengths in this housing or just the thrust bearing shoulder thickness on the shaft?

The washers are the same thickness and diameter?

Finally, what is the difference between these 2 impellers? Both came out of 155 pumps 1 from plastic 1 from bronze. It looks like the middle of the impeller are machined differently by the threads.
20200902_103341.jpg20200902_103348.jpg

The bronze pump is coveted, BRP got cheap and went to plastic, the vanes break off easily,,,The bronze pump vanes will withstand almost anything except a pipe going thru them.,,so the plastic is from a later year,,,someone on here will know.

Thank you sir. So far so good. I have a very nice impeller. Shaft went together well but I had to use the 2 piece plastic pusher in the nose cone. The 3 piece wouldnt work. It was just too tight for my liking. I've used the 3 piece before in one of my other skis and never remember it being this tight. I put it together properly but was just really tight. Yes I released pressure as I snuggled up the cone....all new parts too.

I don't like the pressure either,,,I like to be able to rotate the prop (a sharp one), with one finger only without getting cut,,,on the newer big pumps with the greased bearing,,,forget that rule!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back