RESTO 01 GTS steering

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

CRei

Hey all removed the steering cable that is frozen from the ski. Now the steering head is tight to turn left right. Ski sat for like 3 years covered, is there any way it will free itself up? Is it a job to replace ? Thanks

Hey all removed the steering cable that is frozen from the ski. Now the steering head is tight to turn left right. Ski sat for like 3 years covered, is there any way it will free itself up? Is it a job to replace ? Thanks

What did you do when you removed it? I've never faced this issue on a ski particularly, but other cable controlled machines. You could spray some cable lubricant on each end work it in and see what happens, not easy for a long run cable, but it will work itself in and help the situation. Otherwise, you'll need to replace it. And no, not a difficult job to do, you'd just need to find a replacement cable. Maybe double check to make sure it's not binding anywhere.

Last edited:
Not sure on the 01' GTS, but on my 97' GTX seems I remember both cables being the same, you could swap them, since the reverse bucket is less critical than steering.

Sorry my bad, the cable is frozen I have a new one coming. So with no cable in the ski the handle bars are real tight to move left and right. Hope this helps

As the previous post says, remove the steering shaft and clean and grease it with a marine grease like the Seadoo XPS synthetic grease. The bars should turn really easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back