01 di oil pump deleting

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
HI forum, in an earlier post i explained that i have either a bad oil pump or check valve flooding the new engine with excessive oil, i dont have time to remove the engine and replace it before the 4th vacation week family gathering, my question is what are the disadvantages of using a block off plate and pre-mixing the fuel? ive seen the plates for sale, im just wondering how the Air Pump and other internals recieve enough oil with premix, to not incure any engine damage any help appreciated

You cannot (or should not) run premix on a direct injection machine. There are balance gears that need the injection. Also not good to run oil through the injectors.

thanks for the reply, it makes sense not to run oil through the injectors, but im a little confused about the balancing gears, the 951 carb motors have the same crank,gears, and internals as the DI models, where do they get their oil from when people are pre-mixing, just for my understanding thanks

The people that premix the carb 951s block those sections off basically making them closed loop. They fill those areas with oil. If you do this you then have to check and change that oil every so many hours. I am not sure on the maintenance after doing this as I keep my machines oil injected. Maybe someone else will chime in.

yeah i have two carbed gtx's one 951, 787 i just bought, and the two DI's,, im grasping for straws, i have about two weeks to get all of them ready for our annual july 4th week family gathering at our local lake, all the kids come home, lol i need all 4 of them running, i rebuilt the engines in both DI's started one of them up a about a month ago, set the timing, and shut it down, went to work on the other one, decided to start the 951 carb ski, and the previous rebuilt DI, i though the battery was going bad, as it would turn the engine about two revolutions and just stop, had me puzzled, starter is new, battery tested good, everything seemed fine when i shut it off on previous startup, decided to check the plugs, man they was saturated and dripping with oil, checked the oil injection tank, it was nearly empty, hit the start button and it shot oil out of the mag side cylinder spark plug hole, shined a flashlight down to look at the piston, the cylinder was saturated, the pump was changed with the rebuild, new oil lines, primed the pump with a drill, before i put the engine back in, as i mentioned i dont have time to finish the other DI and pull the engine back out of this one before the 4th,

Yeah that's a tough timeline to beat. I know that feeling. I own WAY too many skis and am always wrenching on them.

Unfortunately I have no other better options or advice for you other than to tear down the di and properly check the check valves. Better to do it right and have the new motor last than try to rig it or fix it to use and risk having an issue.

im sorry to keep asking your advice, this is the last one i promise, on the center of the engine, there is a nipple that connects to the line that runs to the throttle bodies, since there seems to be so much oil on the top of the piston, i replaced all the lines in the body due to age of the ski, there is a check valve in that line behind the injector manifold, if the valve was installed backwards by accident, could that be a possibility? thanks for all your time have a good evening :)

ok here is the nipple the parts manual calls it a vent, i have a line from it running through a check valve and going to the two small injector orifices on the throttle body, i think im confused on the differnece between the oiling system and the oil injection after looking at the parts diagrams, i was under the impression that the oil pump is doing the oil injection, but after studying the oil injection schematic it looks like the injection comes from the throttle bodies are drawing oil into the engine from the filler neck via vacuum,

vent nipple.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You have a counter balance oil. Can't go premix with this machine. Since its DI, the fuel is being delivered atop the piston, so there would be no 2-stroke oil present at bottom end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back