00 rx cutting out at high rpm

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could he slip a seal over the shaft, and "glue" it in place with Permatex "The Right Stuff"? If the the area is cleaned properly, the Permatex will work perfectly to keep the seal in place, and prevent any more oil from leaking out. Is there room between the case and the stator components for the seal?

Could he slip a seal over the shaft, and "glue" it in place with Permatex "The Right Stuff"? If the the area is cleaned properly, the Permatex will work perfectly to keep the seal in place, and prevent any more oil from leaking out. Is there room between the case and the stator components for the seal?
No cases need to be split

well looks like ill be pulling the motor and spiting the case. what gasket kit would you suggest. i hope thats the only thing wrong with it. would that leak cause it to run lean in that cylinder too

I didn't read the whole thread but I had a similar issue when the fuel switch would get clogged. Wouldn't run well on 'on' but was fine in reserve. Try bypassing it or the other position.

I didn't read the whole thread but I had a similar issue when the fuel switch would get clogged. Wouldn't run well on 'on' but was fine in reserve. Try bypassing it or the other position.
iv replaced it already. mine was really clogged up.

To save some cash The WSM complete gasket kit is good quality but I still like to substitute OEM crank seals just because they are the best and it is such a pain to change them. You will also have to see what cylinder base gasket is on your ski and get a matching thickness one because the WSM gasket kit might not have the one you need. I would also get a tube of ThreeBond 1211 for sealing everything back up.

ok ill look for the oem kit. i was also wondering the engine that is in it is a sbt motor and i was reading that they shave there heads down, would it hurt to find a good used one or just keep the one on it, i already changed to cylinders and pistons when i did the top end on it

Are you going to rebuild it to OEM specs, or were you thinking about doing some modifications? I'm not sure whats available for the innards on boat motors. High compression pistons, stroker cranks, lighter weight parts? Are there any service bulletins or factory recommended upgrades/mods?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes you can do all that on these but you are talking thousands in parts and most aren't available any more. Definitely not like a car engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back