Y'all were right.....I give up.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll def hit you up next time i'm heading up to Gaston. I saw the pink bottom of ur ski as you flew over a boats wake and knew it had to be your 800.

You guys want to ride Jordan Lake Farrington boat ramp this saturday? I gotta put my new reg stickers on and then i'll be ready to roll out.

If not i'll be at Falls Lake on both days this weekend.

Rob

I need to get up with ya to grab a stock air box and FA's. I'll text ya and see what your schedule is like this week and see if I can't catch ya.

If I get all my parts I could be down to ride Jordan.

Thanks to Rob and Rob I've got all the stock airbox components. It's very clear to me now how it just wasn't possible to get that motor enough fuel. With the stock airbox it's like breathing through a straw while running a marathon. I could imagine that creates enough vacuum to suck up a bowling ball from 10 ft of water. Holy crap!

My stock carb parts should be here tomorrow. I went ahead and cleaned the carbs just in case. They're super clean and clear. Everything is ready to be reassembled. Fingers crossed this saga is over and I can just ride.

Mpower suggested I call the tuner back and talk to him to get his opinion, but I'm just too fed up at this point with attempting tuning it. I'd venture to guess it'd require changing the springs or bigger jets.....again I'd be left trying to tune it. I just wanna ride!!

I'm just surprised WaterCraft Magic would send you a setup so far off since you told him you were running F/As. Hopefully he did mess up and it's not an air leak in the motor.

Will you be able to get out this weekend?

I'm just surprised WaterCraft Magic would send you a setup so far off since you told him you were running F/As. Hopefully he did mess up and it's not an air leak in the motor.

Will you be able to get out this weekend?

Hopefully I'll be able to get out Sat. I doubt I have an air leak in the motor. I don't have any of the other air leak symptoms. In the carbs......possibly, but I'll pressure check those again before they go back in. Only thing I can think of is the aftermarket FAs were different than the others he's used to and maybe flow too much air at WOT? I dunno.

Only thing I noticed in the carbs was one of the gaskets on the pump side had folded over on itself in the corner. Never noticed that before. I doubt it was the issue but the last time I took them apart I didn't pressure test them since they passed previously. Maybe at WOT it couldn't create enough vacuum to pull enough fuel? Again.....doubt it.

So thanks to [MENTION=72134]1983[/MENTION] my ski runs effin amazing!!!!! My pop off tool bit the dust, basically. So went over to his place got the carbs dialed in then hit the lake.

Oddly enough after doing a plug chop my mag carb was still a little lean up top. Gave it an 1/8 of a turn on the high and she's great!

Mid throttle stumble, as I'd call it anywho, is basically non existent. Turned in the raves to see if it got better and it made it more pronounced. Back out a half turn from that and that's the sweet spot.

Can hammer down at any point and it'll fly.

Good to hear. Are you riding tomorrow? I wasn't able to get out today but plan to hit Jordan tomorrow afternoon.

Good to hear. Are you riding tomorrow? I wasn't able to get out today but plan to hit Jordan tomorrow afternoon.

Not tomorrow, but we're planning next Sat. Just found out my wife has a baby shower to go to and will be taking the baby with her so I'm open.

So, I'll assume that this is with a stock air box or did 1983 get it dialed with the A/M flames? Either way, it is great news.

So, I'll assume that this is with a stock air box or did 1983 get it dialed with the A/M flames? Either way, it is great news.

No this is with the stock airbox. He had a stock one and then helped when my pop off tool setup wouldn't work. It's never run so well! I do think at some point I'm goin to have to pull off the rv cover and helicoil it like you mentioned. 1983 has a lot of experience with that so I'll prolly run it by his house again at the end of the season.

Yeah we killed it today, got it running good.

I yanked my jet pump after our ride, gonna rebuild it when the parts get here. Wear ring is non-existent lol.

Rob

Yeah we killed it today, got it running good.

I yanked my jet pump after our ride, gonna rebuild it when the parts get here. Wear ring is non-existent lol.

Rob

Hope they get here before next Sat!

Nice. So may as well load us up on the detail, what pop you went with, springs, turns out, etc... For to detail the thread for future readers.

Largely stock settings.

1 turn out on the lows.
1/8-1/4 out on the highs. That was hard to judge with the stock airbox in the way. Hah!
Stock spring 80 gr black.

Raves half turn in from flush
all stock jets and needle/seat.
pop off was right between 28-30 on each carb every test.
no leak down

I ended up adjusting my settings some today.

Raves flush
water box rave 1 turn in from flush

Ran the best it has ever run today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back