XPS E-TEC 2-T oil lubricant

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

RogerS

Can I use this type oil lubricant in my 97 challenger boat?
I found for $47 a gallon but i’m not sure what type is this oil...1524B6DF-941D-4400-88B3-8CF0DED9260B.jpeg

Yes, that is the best oil for a 2 stroke seadoo of any year. It is the same as the old Yellow bottle just new packaging. BTW, Pro Caliber has it for $36 a gallon and free shipping on orders over $99.

Yes. Too rich unless you are running wide open throttle for the majority of your use.

But your dealer sells more oil the richer you run your boat.

Keep in mind the older skis ran 50:1.

The big question is why are you premixing instead of the factory oil injection?

Try it but you'll likely find 32:1 fouls plugs too quickly. More oil (within reason) doesn't cause damage and using richer ratios you're less likely to experience any lubrication issues.

40:1 will work fine unless you run WOT for long periods then maybe 32:1 is a better choice.

Important:
In any case, never run pump fuel that's more than a few months old, despite whether it's pre-mixed or not. FWIW, in the old days of caster bean vegetable oil, the pre-mix would begin losing it's lubrication properties after about a week, but sure smelled lots better.

IMO if possible, you'd be much better off to use the variable ratio injection that came with the factory configuration, the ratio is closer to 32:1 at WOT and higher than 40:1 at low throttle angles.

Yes. Too rich unless you are running wide open throttle for the majority of your use.

The guy I bought the boat had the mechanic block off the hose going to the injection system.
I called the mechanic to ask about it and he said it is safer? But I need to look into getting them working it sounds like.

Try it but you'll likely find 32:1 fouls plugs too quickly. More oil (within reason) doesn't cause damage and using richer ratios you're less likely to experience any lubrication issues.

40:1 will work fine unless you run WOT for long periods then maybe 32:1 is a better choice.

Important:
In any case, never run pump fuel that's more than a few months old, despite whether it's pre-mixed or not. FWIW, in the old days of caster bean vegetable oil, the pre-mix would begin losing it's lubrication properties after about a week, but sure smelled lots better.

IMO if possible, you'd be much better off to use the variable ratio injection that came with the factory configuration, the ratio is closer to 32:1 at WOT and higher than 40:1 at low throttle angles.

That oil smelled great I wasn't sure why they didn't sale anymore. We would sometimes use aviation fuel.
When I lived in Ca.

I'll get the injection system going again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back