Wsm vs sbt alignment tool

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Love the name !!!! :D

Looks like it should work to me. I think I have the SBT model but I bought mine used for $125. I use it all the time. The difference on the WSM looks like the shaft is 2-piece.

What does the alignment tool consist of?
1. A 3/8 steel plate with the pumps drill pattern?
2. A precision turned and bored tube with a welded flange to bolt to the steel plate?
3. A piece of 3-1/2 ft. long x 18mm ground and polished stock as the actual alignment tool?
Also, I am removing and rebuilding the jet pump assembly. Would it be better to install the engine 1st(leaving motor mounts loose), then install the jet pump ( loose, without sealant). Kinda line them both up together with an alignment tool using the boats centerline as a guide for better balance while riding?
Just curious since everything will have fresh Bearings and seals. Just don't want to pinch anything after all the work put into it.

I used the SBT tool on my 2000 GTX and it worked great. I found a used one on Facebook marketplace nearby. On my GTX, you use the tool to get the engine in the right spot, then the pump bolts on the back without needing further "alignment". I was shocked at how much my original motor mounts had sagged - used up a whole pack of SBT shims and barely had enough!

If my motor mounts are loose in any way, can I buy them for a 96 GTX? Seems about a third of the internals are discontinued or difficult to track down when searching for OEM.
Also is a complete gasket kit truly complete from the Carb mounting surface, to the exhaust pipe mounting surface?
Thank you to everyone who commented and shared their experience and insight. I would not have gotten this far without all the assistance from fellow members.
Again, thanks, Harmless

Engine mount is a single piece. If the rubber separates you replace that mount and check the others. I just buy off Ebay most of the time. I probably have a few mounts over here but EBAY is a good place. They are pretty cheap anyway.

Back