Winterizing

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your engine has its own closed loop cooling system. So as long as there is antifreeze in that system, the engine is good to go. I’d still fog I️t and spray I️t all down with fluid film. I’d also replace the motor oil so the used oil isn’t sitting in the pan all winter.

You can either blow compressed air at 55 psi through the flush hole or adapt a pump to the fitting and pump Pink RV Antifreeze through the fitting while the ski is running. Once you see pink, let it run a moment longer and kill the flush pump. Then kill the engine.

This will protect the exhaust and the IC.

Can you use regular automotive antifreeze instead of the RV pink stuff, or will it harm the internals and the aluminum

Idk how you could legally use regular as idk how you’d catch it all as it flushed out. Same in the spring since you just put it in the water and if flushes the remainder out. Just use the RV safe stuff.

Auto antifreeze is lethal to animals and fish, local dog or cat licks up your puddle, dead, not so hot for the lake/river when you launch either. Plus pink is a 1/4 the cost. The other possible concern is glycol (car) antifreeze dries down to a real sticky shit, not sure I'd want that in my exhaust, pumps etc drying out through the winter, pink is alcohol based and dries out to pretty much nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back