winterizing Speedster 150

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2007 Speedster 150 Super-Charged in Virginia. I thought that the intercooler must obviously be using the engine closed cooling system so I didn't bother draining it. Big mistake. Turns out the intercooler uses lake water. Did this for a couple of years until the intercooler was destroyed, so that was $1,000 to fix.
That is all I have ever done to winterize besides oil and filter changes. Don't use the boat very much these days.
Looking at the shop manual, I don't see instructions for winterization, unbelievably enough. I can't even remember where I read the intercooler procedure now.
1 Where does one find the accurate info on winterization procedures?
2 Never did a thing with the exhaust, but am not aware that there has ever been an issue. Am I missing something important?
Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Oops. The intercooler drain procedure is in the Operators Guide, so that mystery is solved. Car manuals never have those kinds of details.
I removed the top (outlet) hose and poured RV antifreeze in until water and then antifreeze came out the bottom of the boat. I am optimistic that the intercooler is now filled with antifreeze even though the book procedure is slightly different.
Oops again. The exhaust is self-draining, but I was supposed to add antifreeze to the exhaust manifold. Never did it before but I suppose it is best to drive back to the lake and do so. Don't want another 1k repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back