Winterize sea doo sportster 4tec

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joaub

Hi
What I need to do for Winterize my sea doo sportster 4tec 2004 ? It’s my first year with this boat my boat will be in a shelter tempo for the winter. Very cold in quebec canada.
Many thanks

There are many posts about storing your boat for the winter. I suggest you read some of these and if you have specific questions , go ahead and ask. I live in Ontario and store my 4 tec each winter. Given the extreme cold it is important to get the water out of the exhaust system as it will freeze and expand. Add preservation fluid to a full tank of fuel. Make sure you have the closed loop coolant at the proper strength and level. I also take the opportunity to change the three spark plugs and change the oil and filter. Last I fog the engine and spray a liberal dose of XPS preservation fluid on the outside of the engine and on linkages and such. I may have missed a couple of things as this is off the top of my head.

I don't add any additional anti freeze. However my boat in an attached garage that will rarely get cold enough to freeze water. I do blow out the water from the exhaust system with compressed air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back