Winter build? What to do...x4 951 or stand up ski with a 720 or 787 put in it?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey you can always put it on a southbound train :blush:

There is a runner a couple states over that comes with a double trailer and beach cart. The guy is down to 2500 in PM's now if he would just give in and drive it to me lol.
Is that the one that's been on eBay?

I've only been on two x4 951's and I'll have to admit, I thought it was the coolest thing, the midrange power was just amazing. Added bonus was the fact that I didn't have to do all the dam work involved, just tossed on a life jacket and let it rip.

The advantage of that option is that its been done so you can learn from other's mistakes and experience.

anyway that's my two pennies on the subject.

I didnt find the 951 x4 to be a lot of work. Didnt have to cut any holes in the hull. Just ground hull down a little where pipe gets close and everything fits. Modified front cover to mount to existing 800 mount. A good donor boat is a 98 gsxl. Can use the 800 electronics to run it since it has same flywheel, stator and pickup as an 800. I ran a crossover pipe to 96xp waterbox that i removed baffle from. For the crossover pipe i ised turbo intercooler piping from ebay. Sounds cheap but it works really well and comes with the hoses and clamps you need. Have mpem reflashed to #5. I havent had mine on the water yet but it runs and looks factory

I only have a couple videos on my phone of it running. Dont know how to upload to forum though. Convienently engine is back at engine builder due to issues. If you can tell me how to upload from iphone i will post.

35.jpg

This is the key to make the white pipe, now powdercoated black pipe fit without cutting holes in left side! Makes the cooling jacket a little smaller in that area obviously but still flows water

Not really! But that 2 Stroke sound is heavenly! Gets my heart beating fast every time I hear one fires up!

Listening to it reminds me of the Yamaha Banshee RD350 atv twin cylinder motor with Toomey pipes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back