Will these fit????

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
They should fit. Most 6.5's are very close in depth. The only way to find out is to buy them. You can always return them if they don't fit.

ya i could take them out and look but the boats not here and wont get to it till the weekend and if possible i wanted to get speakers befor hand..... also you cant buy polk audio for car or marine in canada so i would have to order them online.

Find the OEM specs for Seadoo speakers if they are available online and don't buy speakers deeper than OEM.

If they have too much depth you can always put a "speaker shim" behind it.

Depth should not be a problem. I have the MMC650's installed and they are/should be the same size. The problem I ran into was with the cutout for the clarion speakers (stock)....bigger than I needed. The new holes are within a 1/4" from the edge, but holding strong.

Depth should not be a problem. I have the MMC650's installed and they are/should be the same size. The problem I ran into was with the cutout for the clarion speakers (stock)....bigger than I needed. The new holes are within a 1/4" from the edge, but holding strong.

How do you like the sound quality on them? also are you using an amp?

I am very happy with them compared to the Clarion. I first changed the 4 Clarion with the Polk MOMO MMC650, I could tell a difference right away, even though they are being powered from the head unit...for now. I then installed the 6"x9" with 5.25" downfiring tower speakers from AudioFormz. I am using 2 Clarion APX490M amps. 1 amp is driving the 10" sub and the downfiring 5.25" speakers. The other sub is driving the 6"x9" tower speakers. I put an audio switch (from seadoo) on the dash so I could turn the 6"x9" speakers off when not towing someone since I have the gain higher than the rest of the speakers. I am going to get a 2 channels amp to drive the 6"x9" and have the 4 channel drive the sub and eventually add 1 more 10" sub......could not be happier with the sound for the price.

Another plus, if purchased from an authorized dealer, the MOMO series has a 3 year warranty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sporsterjoel,
So did you end up getting them or what? And if you did, did you install them yet? How did they fit??? I am looking at buying the same ones for my 07 Speedster 150 and was looking for someone with some insight? The stock Clarions are cracked from sitting out in the sun from the previous owner and the Polk MM651UM look very good! So let me know what you did??

Sporsterjoel,
So did you end up getting them or what? And if you did, did you install them yet? How did they fit??? I am looking at buying the same ones for my 07 Speedster 150 and was looking for someone with some insight? The stock Clarions are cracked from sitting out in the sun from the previous owner and the Polk MM651UM look very good! So let me know what you did??

No i havent yet been to busy doing the fall clean up befor it snows witch its doing right now LOL. But yes they will fit, I think yours will still be 6.5in one and i looked at it closer and there is a TONE of space so i wouldnt worry to much about the depth of the speakers. Also speaking of snow I remember i think in 1993 me and my parent got stuck in chattanooga in a big snow storm on are way to florida. I was so crazy driving on the highway cuase it would be bloked so people would run the media and groups of people would push the cars through then we would be going south on the north side then do that several more times till it cleared up just befor atlanta i believe.

LOL Well, I wasn't there in '93 but my wife is laughing her head off about your post! She says she remembers the "Storm of '93" very well! Says it was her spring break and she spent the whole time at her Mom's house without power or water! Had to build a fire to make coffee! lol But truly thanks for the info! I will be pulling the trigger on the Polk's soon. Oh, and we are currently in Ocala, Florida ourselves. We still have the house in Chattanooga but are working here until the end of March! So while you are looking at the snow, we were out in the boat today cruising up the Silver River in 80 degree weather! lol :hurray:

Np, let everyone know how they sound.....And ya i think the storm was in march, LOL my mom got offerd a job at the wafflehouse. we were staying over night in chat woke up to a couple feet and it was still snowing, both there plows were stuck and there salter was a guy in the back of a pick up with a shovel throwing dirt on the road. We call this the trip from hell. cause of the snow storm then we hit florida finally and a toyota pick-up truck doing 85mph blew a tire and barrel rolled and fliped end over end about 15-20times and into the ditch ejecting a young women and traping a guy inside and it all happend right infront of use so we stoped to help, then got to the area where we were staying and it had been hit buy a hurrican lol that one trip ill never forget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back