Why water in your gauge cluster is bad

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scriz

So my wifes gauge cluster on her 2004 GTX 155 fogged over a couple weeks ago. It has had the long beep for awhile, but still functioned properly. I left it in the sun for a bit to see if it would clear, but no luck. I threw the key on to see if everything was still working and all I got was beeps, no display no needle movement. I pulled the gauge and noticed the previous owner had pulled it apart at some point. I cut through the clear silicone bathroom caulk used to "seal" it back up and pulled everything apart. This is what I found. This is a salt water ski and we have never tipped it. I don't know where all this came from, but needless to say, after spending all kinds of money on a new ECU, graphics, seat covers, hood, battery, and wiring harness, I am not looking forward to dropping more on a gauge cluster.
IMG_0302.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0301.jpg
    IMG_0301.jpg
    518 KB · Views: 16
Looks very similar to the suspension on my ski doo. No matter where we live the salt corrosion nightmares don’t stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back