Which hose to pinch when towing (2).

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianPilgrim

I registered to post in the thread "Wich hose to crimp while getting towed? (951)" only then to realize it was closed. Too bad. The question is still current to new Seadoo owners like me.

I recently bought a 2002 Seadoo Explorer (uncommon as far as I can determine) and want to confirm the location of the hose to pinch while towing. I note the good suggestion to install a valve.

There is a picture I located in another thread of this forum showing a 717 Engine Cooling system diagram which I find most useful. http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee146/gamerse/717cool.jpg.

This is not my engine but there is a smaller, black and white diagram similar to this one in the user manual for my boat. It seems to me the hose I need to pinch is the light blue one (as opposed to the dark blue one). Although the pump is not identified in the photo, it is safe to assume that is the source of the fresh water in.

Any tips?

As an aside, I need a cover for this boat and would prefer a bombardier cover. They don't make them any more. Anybody got one or know where I can source one?

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps you can locate a "Poppy" cover, those are quite good.

Pinch the hose that attaches to the jet pump water outlet tap and feeds cooling water supply from the jet pump to the exhaust waterbox and engine head. If you follow the hose back from the engine head you'll find a plastic "Tee" fitting that tee's water to the exhaust water box. This hose comes from the jet pump cooling water outlet tap. Pinch this one between the jet pump and plastic tee to stop water from being pushed from the jet pump into the engine and exhaust as the boat moves through the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back