Where does this line go?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

AbRx7

I know this is my first post and all but I assure you I have checked through all the resources I can muster up. Even the shop manual let me down.

I recently purched a 2002 SeaDoo GTX. I took it out this past weekend and she ran great! I did notice however that the boat was sitting lower in the water (after looking at it 12 hours later). I pulled the boat out of the water and did some looking around. I did notice the bilge pumps (if thats what you want to call it) were not right. One was out floppin around doing nothing, and the other was all caked up with oil. I degreased and cleaned the inside of that and the entire bilge area. Now she is spotless. Here is my question. On the port and starboard side of the PWC there are 2 ports (one on each side). One would think water would come out of these lines when its running. This craft has 2 water jets comming out the back. Here is what I found when I was cleaning it... The port side's line is just flopping around in the bilge area. Now did the previous owner change the craft so it shoots water out the back and not to the side? Or is this hose supposed to get something. Maybe this is why I am getting water in the boat.

Is water spraying out of the hose? If so it is likely from your bilge pump and needs to be reconnected. Hook the ski up to a garden hose and run it and see what happens with the hoses in question, and see where water is exiting the craft. That should give you your answer as to the function of the bilge pump and if the other owner did any modifications.

It was sitting lower in the water after 12 hours. Was it possible that the drain plugs weren't closed?

Thank you for the reply. The bilge pumps seem to be hooked up correctly. I think they are siphen tubes... From the bilge they go up to a 90 fitting them back down to the back up the jet pump. The reason water wasnt comming out is because one was in the air and the other was clogged. The only way for me to test this theory is to run the boat in the water.

if I pull the seat off and look at the wateroutlet on the port side, i can reach around and wiggle the hose. I trace that hose back and its hooked up to nothing. So to answer your question, no water is not comming out of that port. So I am thinking when water is supposed to be exiting the craft, its not. It is just dumping into the bilge. My question is where does that hose hook up to. Ive looked everywhere and cannot find a barbed nipple. For this craft, the water shoots out the back when most seadoo's shoot out the sie. Was this an upgrade? did he leave the line down there onpurpose or is it actually supposed to be hooked up to something.

I have hooked the craft up to the water hose and cannot trace a thing. Maybe that line is just dead? Maybe I am getting water in the boat from a bad carbon seal? Will the boat take on water when its not moving with a bad carbon seal?

Yes the drainplugs were in :). Been there done that. Learned my lesson.

There are two small holes in the jet pump that generate suction as you said (venturi) that make the 'bailers' suck water out of the bottom of the hull when running in the water. I dont think that hooking to the flush hose allows them to work since they are pulling seawater to create the suction.

That stray line should be hooked in to the exit at a T or elsewhere. My pisser lines (2) are in the back of the craft. (note that pisser water is different than bailer) Look at the parts schematic for your ski (not just the cooling diagram - look at the propulsion and Hull diagrams to see the bailers and the venturi that drives them) to see where they are connected.

follow the parts link at top right of this page to your ski

good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would there be pisser lines on both sides and the back? It doesnt make sence. 2 in the back and 1 on each side. I have never seen a machine have a stream comming out the back and the side. The starboard side is hooked up to a T but nothing comes out. The port side doesnt have a T anywhere. maybe i will just cut the whole machine in half. maybe then I will be able to see where it goes.

Oh and those lines are not in the book. Atleast the shop manual that i have.

Also. The bailer system is all good. I've verified that is okay.

The lines in the back... are you sure they arent cooling lines?
Most skis have cooling lines that shoot out the back a little.

Im sorry I am confusing everyone. Just forget the part about the bailers. I mixed in 2 problems into one thread.

The water coming out the back is from the cooling system yes. They are the 2 small streams that come out just under the seat. I think (2) 8mm line goes to each. It is approx. 1/4 inch line.

That same size line is what goes to the 2 ports on the side. Starboard is hooked up port isnt. when i blow on the line i can feel air comming out of the port side port.

Everything is fixed! I put the machine in the water and ran it with the seats off. The leak was comming from the Protection Hose that covers the drive shaft. The clamp was on so lose I could move it with my finger. After tightening the leaked stopped. Thats solved.

While I was at the lake to find the leak, I happened to run into a few other people who had the same machine. I ran over to them and asked them where the hell that hose goes. Its the vent for the battery!:stupid: They actually called the dealer to ask the same question. Thats solved.

After we saw no water was comming in, I purposly added about 2 gallons of water to make sure the bailers were working. Yep! they work! It's pretty cool how that siphoning system works.

All in all it was a very successful day. Thank you all who helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back