Wheel bearings - Karavan tandem axle

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

briancayko

Hey everyone, I have a tandem axle caravan boat trailer for my 2010 challenger. I am replacing some bearings, and have noted that I have the sure lube spindles. One of my grease Zerks always pulls out of the spindle when I try pulling the gun off. It doesn’t appear to be threaded, but rather some type of ribbed pressure fitting. I cannot find a size or part number to direct me to a replacement zerk. I am also having trouble finding new L Rods that work like a basic cotter pin in the end of that spindle. Except that the L rod is apparently designed to not allow any grease leakage out of that hole, in order to allow the rest of the grease to work into the back of the spindle and push the old grease out the front of the hub. Finally, I noticed that my inner seal has some type of spring associated with it. The one that the guy gave me at O’Reillys does not have a spring. Is this going to be a problem, and how should I go about searching for this particular type of seal. Or in other words, what is the name for this type of seal. If anybody has proper names or part numbers for any of these items I would really appreciate the help. Thanks in advance.IMG_3511.JPGIMG_3512.JPGIMG_3513.JPGIMG_3509.JPG

You could just call the Karavan parts department and give them your serial number so you can get the correct parts.

You could just call the Karavan parts department and give them your serial number so you can get the correct parts.
thanks mikidy, You're right. I don't know why I didn't think of that. I emailed them off their website and getting the parts ordered now, way cheaper than the auto store too, even with shipping.

Are karavan who makes the seadoo trailers?.I have a 2012 galvanized tandem under my 212. I am going to redo the bearings and check brakes before I use it for the season.

I cant say for sure about the 2012 but it is for my 2010. Look at your title for the manufacturer and vin number. Call Karavan with the Vin in order to get all the correct parts for each spindle. There are specific race's for the spindles for the axles with the brakes. They also send the new L rods. I went to auto parts stores and trailer specialty stores and they either gave me wrong parts or didnt have what I needed. in the end Karavan was cheaper and of course sent the exact parts. You can also look at the inside frame of your trailer near the bow of the boat and there will be stickers on it with the trailer info.

thanks mikidy, You're right. I don't know why I didn't think of that. I emailed them off their website and getting the parts ordered now, way cheaper than the auto store too, even with shipping.
Ive had a great experience when dealing with Karavan trailers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back