What's this noise? (Video)

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

chucked

I was out on my '96 Seadoo GSX 787 today and I was racing a Jet Ski when I noticed a whirring sound over 6k rpms. Now I hardly ever get on it that hard so I'm not even sure if it was normal or not. But I brought it back in and was trying to find something loose when I noticed this noise that you will hear in the video. It sounds like its coming from the bottom end of the mag cylinder. I pulled the head, everything looks great, no slop, no rust, no marks or anything. I was actually shocked to see it so clean at 110 hours on the original motor. In fact this was the first time the head has ever even been off. It will not make the noise without compression (plugs out). But I cannot feel any play anywhere. Any ideas? I may take it out and rebuild it anyway due to the high hours....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mheDyGYSXqU

By the way, compression is still 155 on each cylinder, it starts up and runs great. The motor does seem noiser out of the water though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back