What part is this? (2001 RXDI)

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

DBrown850

Hey guys, first post so take it easy on me. I recently acquired a rebuilt 2001 RXDI. I know, most guys on here hate this ski. I think I got a good deal and so far, love the performance and drivability!!! Well, I went to change the oil tank today because the guy told me it was cracked and if I filled it more than half way, it would leak. Yes, my OCD got the best of me. So I got the tank out and sure enough, three large vertical cracks. So I started taking the oil sensor and the fill plug off the old tank and found something in the tank that I can not figure out... Can anyone tell me what this is and where it goes? (Yes I know it is a check valve of some sort) it was just rattling around in there. Pictures below. Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Danny

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg
10.jpg

The first picture is from the oil tank vent and is broken off from the bottom of the filler neck for the oil tank. Part number 275000234.

The other pictures are from the crap 2 piece oil tanks that always leak.

Thanks man... Now the question is... is it real important? What does it actually do? Do I need to replace the filler neck? Thanks again.

Danny

Last edited by a moderator:
It is important. It lets air into the tank when the oil is used so a vacuum isn't created starving the engine of oil.

The filler neck is broken and is only $25 so I would just replace it.

I am guessing that it connects to the line that runs to the intake correct? Thanks for answering my question. I will order a new one.

Danny

No, it doesn't connect to anything. It is just a check valve that lets air into the tank to replace the oil used and doesn't let oil out if the ski tips over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back