What is the fastest and best jet ski to buy?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sepehr E

Im looking for the best and fastest jet ski and I don't care about the price. I was thinking to get a Yamaha, Seadoo, or a Kawasaki. The Yamaha FZS 2009 looks pretty good... Could you guys give me some other awsome suggestions? Thanks in advance ^^

Im looking for the best and fastest jet ski and I don't care about the price. I was thinking to get a Yamaha, Seadoo, or a Kawasaki. The Yamaha FZS 2009 looks pretty good... Could you guys give me some other awsome suggestions? Thanks in advance ^^
Seadoo's rxp or rxp-x

Here are a few things you should know.

By law, stock skis are not allowed to go over 70 MPH. This is some sort of Marine, Coast Guard, Civilian restriction.

So, all the fun we have, is at speeds less than 70.

Now, if you are a part of a competition event, you are free of this restriction.
(and taking your life in your hands too!)

So, what I'd Doo, is contact each manufacturer, and tell them you are participating in a number of competition events. And that you would like a print out, or to discuss this upgrade path with an engineer.

From this research, you should be able to get one that meets your needs, and comes with an upgrade path that does not completely destroy the reliability of the machine. Then, don't run it over 70 mph, except occasionally. You can get ticketed for it. There is a reason for the 70 limit!

I will add, if you hurt somebody else, because of your excesssive speed, that you are liable before your maker. (you may be dead too, and that may be your next stop!) So, this appointment may come sooner than expected!

The whole geometry of boating changes at speeds in excess of 70.

Many of the engineers of these PWC machines, have designed the hull for LESS than 70. There are possibly some hull mods necessary to make them SAFE at 90!

You learn alot of things fast, at 90, and some of these lessons you may not live to tell about.

Be safe!

Nate

you wont get a ticket for going over 70, who said that? I had mine at full speed som many times in VA waters and everyone VA has the worst law enforcment when it comes down to ticketing.

there is no law per say for top speed limit, but from what I understand manufacturers limit them for either insurance reasons, safety reasons of their customers and/or law reasons so they dont get hit with the governed limit.

there are modified skis out there that can go over 80mph all day without any mods to the hull. now you will not go that fast in choppy water, so if somehow u do hit a wave at 80mph yes there will be damage to the pwc and rider. I just cant see anyone going that fast at the wave anyway unless they are dumb and/or blind.

I belive fastest ski was clocked at over 90mph. there is a italian manufacturer that made a CF hull ski powered by a V8.

I hope I am wrong, as my source was a person, and now you have me scratching me haid!

Mebby I need a source to quote.

I hope I was wrong.

I just googled it, and did not find any law.

Nate

My understanding is that the Coast Guard strongly recommended a 65 MPH limit and most manufacturers are in agreement. However, it is not a law....not yet at least. One arguement I've heard is that the manufacturers compliance is designed to keep the Coast Guard from making it a law; in fact the law could be for less.

You can get a ticket but it may be for exceeding speed limits imposed at lakes or rivers by local cities or perhaps for unsafe driving. Even in the ocean, near shore you can get a ticket going too fast in a no wake zone.

Dave

Although lets say the rxp & rxt top out around 70mph with some simple mods they will break that top speed witch i think most manufactures have done on purpose... 60mph is about 100km/h witch is highway speed where i live and also a good reminder how fast they go.... I do luv speed though fastest ive been on water is 120mph while flying off big rolers so 70mph doesnt seem all that bad.

My understanding is that the Coast Guard strongly recommended a 65 MPH limit and most manufacturers are in agreement. However, it is not a law....not yet at least. One arguement I've heard is that the manufacturers compliance is designed to keep the Coast Guard from making it a law; in fact the law could be for less.

You can get a ticket but it may be for exceeding speed limits imposed at lakes or rivers by local cities or perhaps for unsafe driving. Even in the ocean, near shore you can get a ticket going too fast in a no wake zone.

Dave

something along those lines from what I understand. I also thought there was a law limiting the top speed but never found anything about it.

And yes you can get a ticket for reckless riding. I mean there is some common sense to be used when riding out there. You can go as fast as you can but as long as you keep it safe. that means no flying near other boats, fisherman, docks, shore and wildlife. so just keep it safe and everyone will be fine.

yeah thats the one, they used two 4 cyl engines and tied them together for a nice v8 powered jet ski. are they selling them over there yet? whats the pricing?

Noise?????

no i dont think there selling them yet but the price tag is either $30,000 or $50,000 cant remember which im pretty sure its $50,000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back