What is best way to winterize a non-running ski? 19996 gtx

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sell it to me if you are in the Detroit, MI area! (my wife wants her 96 GTX fixed up but I think fixing another one up while she rides her current one is best) LOL! Otherwise fog the engine and put stabilizer in the gas tank, remove battery, etc.

If you can spin the motor with the starter I would make sure the battery is charged good so you get the fastest cranking rpm's you can. Pull the spark plugs, remove the intake cover and spark arrestor. Crank on the motor while shooting fogging oil straight into the carbs, there should be enough turbulance to coat the crank.

Putting antifreeze in the system should be done with the motor running. If the machine is not going to freeze then skip this step. If it is going to freeze, and it was my machine, I would very gently pour the antifreeze in while cranking the motor with the spark plugs in this time so the air flow is out the exhaust instead of the plug holes. After I was done I would pull the plugs and look in the cylinders to make sure there wasn't any back flow of fluid from the exhaust.

Before you put the plugs back in give each cylinder a shot of fogging oil and a couple of revolutions to coat the walls.

Dump some fuel stabilizer in the tank and shake things around. The gas in the carbs is just going to have to go without stabilizer unless you want to drain them.

Pull the battery and give it a monthly 2 amp 12 hour charge.

This is how I would do things if it was my machine. Anybody feel free to add to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back