What do I have here?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

sampuppy1

This was bought by my soon to be father in law with a matching trailer. I was in need of a trailer. And he went to get this one and got the pic with it. Winterized in 2012. Fired right up last fall. I know it's a Yamaha. 1994. 500. It's in great shape. I washed it, used oxidation remover, and waxed it. It's obviously a two stroke. I had considered buying it from him since I got my own trailer now and it's a two place.

But my fiance has expressed no interest in getting her boater safety. And I cannot ride it and my 03 supercharged gtx at the same time. So I started mentioning around that it was for sale and my roommate bought it. Looking for some more info on it.

With it only being run for less than 5 minutes since its winterization 4 1/2 years ago I'm assuming an oil change is in order before we take it out for the first time. It has not been in the water since 2012.
60.jpg
61.jpg
62.jpg

this 2 stoke do not have an oil pan.No oil change possible.the oil is mixed in fuel . mix ratio 50:1.
change the fuel,do not forget to do the mix.
take a look under the carburetor cap to be sure your filter is clean.
I have a 1988 and these motor are bulletproof.
have fun !

Attachments

• waverunner V2.jpg
    waverunner V2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 38
Last edited by a moderator:
The tank was empty. Just needs fresh fuel and that's it? Score! We will be sure to check that out after they come out of storage. I'm super excited to get this thing on the water now.

It doesn't. Right by the fuel cap is a factory sticker that states it needs a 50:1 mix. Is 93 octane too much to run in these things?

So we took both pwcs to the lake for a quick test run of the waverunner. It tops out around 30, runs decent, doesn't leak, and fires right up with the new battery. Not the most stable but for what it is, and what it cost, it's a great little machine. Good thing is my big boss will be out with it almost every time so we can play around with both. I didn't ride the waverunner as it was getting close to dusk but the first short test was a successful one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back