What could be wrong with my 1998 GTS

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Draikes

1998 sea Doo GTS and here is what happens. I put the key on and it beeps twice, it turns over with what sounds like starter is kicking in and out. After I try cranking about 3 times everything goes dead, no beeps no power no nothing. I pull a fuse on the MPEM and when I plug back in I here a click from solenoid. Put the key back on and it beeps twice and this process starts all over again. What could it be, pulling my hair out. Thanks in advance

Does the ground going from battery to the starter have to be hooked to the starter? Can I just run another ground from battery to another part of the motor that has easier access.

I also took a picture of the corroded ground cable coming from the battery. I would replace but it's almost impossible to get to.

Attachments

• IMG_20210904_215324283.jpg
    IMG_20210904_215324283.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20210904_215311852.jpg
    IMG_20210904_215311852.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20210904_215230106.jpg
    IMG_20210904_215230106.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 15
I was able to put a new ground wire on without pulling the starter. I checked all the ground connections around the MPEM put on the key and it beeps twice and same thing. Turns over and kicks in and out and then nothing happens like everything is dead.

I forgot to ask, if I jump the solenoid it turns over fine but won't start. Could it still be the battery?

Another question, can I run a ground wire from MPEM to the negative battery post to see what happens?

I think you can check the load amperage by hooking up a meter to the battery then hitting the start button and watch the volts drop. I think min voltage is 10.5 if i remember correctly. Should only drop 1 to 1.5 volts

I am taking to someone tomorrow to look at, thank you everyone for your replies, I really thank you for taking the time

1998 sea Doo GTS and here is what happens. I put the key on and it beeps twice, it turns over with what sounds like starter is kicking in and out. After I try cranking about 3 times everything goes dead, no beeps no power no nothing. I pull a fuse on the MPEM and when I plug back in I here a click from solenoid. Put the key back on and it beeps twice and this process starts all over again. What could it be, pulling my hair out. Thanks in advance
Are you trying to start it in forward mine clicked due tu an object in the water intake underneath

I never checked that but only had on water once. After looking at everything I think it's been worked on a few times before. I took it last week to let someone go over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back