Westcoast head on 787

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

97gsxRIDER

Hey how do I change the domes, one of mine is pitted really bad, and I wanted to change them out, and how do you tell what compression they are?

Domes?

The compression is a test you do to determine the health of your engine. It should be over 100, up to about 145 but more important, the two cylinders should be close in pressures from the test.

The pitting...? It will not likely go away from just changing pistons. This is usually a problem created from detonation or a bad bearing. You change out your piston, you have to do both, not one.

There are many steps you have to do to determine if the upper end kit is right for you or if a total rebuild or replacement with an OEM remanafactured engine is necessary.............:cheers:

I'm sorry. I should have explained more. I bought a used west coast head and one of the domes is pitted. How do you remove them and find out what compression they are made for? Stock I'm at about 154 and 157 compression.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back