Well Hell...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omerta

BOUGHT A 1997 Challenger/speedster w/a 787 rotax, dual carbs. Dude sprayed some starting fluid and it fired right up. No water available. Soni drove away with it. Next day I hooked it up to water and I had a sprinkler instead of a 787. What I have found so far is new pistons, and a real dipstick of a mechanic. So far I have rebuilt both carbs, gotten factory deadbolts and replaced the gaskets and rings for the top end. Except the stupid piston o-rings. I CANNOT GET THOSE THINGS TO STAY ON TO SAVE MY LIFE!!!!! Any advice would be greatly appreciated. They also deleted the oil system and jumped the rotax supply to the vent and premixed the gas. I am going to put the tank and supply back to the rotor and vent it back to the tank and still run the premixed. I endoscoped the crankcase when I had the carbs off and all looked okay. Redoing all fuel/oil/vacuum lines I can get ahold of. Would love some insight and input.

Manual says to apply some anaerobic loctite to the prongs before you put the head on. It works. Keeps them in the groove until you can get the head torqued down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back