Wear ring change/impeller choice 1994 GTX 657

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ezgoin92

Evening all,

Looking to see if anyone has good advice or experience on the stock vs a Solas (or other recommended brand) impeller for a 1994 GTX 657. I know I need to get the 140mm wear ring but should I stay with the stock impeller or should I "upgrade." If I "upgrade" is it really enough of an upgrade that its worth the bucks. Better low end or top speed gained? Presume the wear ring will take care of some cavitation I get when accelerating (presume the new wear ring will take care of the cavitation).

Also developed a similar issue that "jjrey" described in his original post this sunday "95 gtx wont run right after 30 min." I refreshed everything in the ski last year except the impeller and wear ring so the odd cut out and random dying seems like a fuel issue. did have an issue with the red cut off button towards the end of the season and have a new one on the way. Cut and spliced the wires last year as an end of season fix but still had the cutout issue so I don't think it specifically an electrical issue

As always thanks to all

Seadoo did a great job selecting impellers. To be honest on a stock ski there’s really no benefit to an aftermarket impeller.

Seadoo did a great job selecting impellers. To be honest on a stock ski there’s really no benefit to an aftermarket impeller.
Thanks for the reply back in June. I pulled the pump this evening and replaced with an OEM seadoo 140mm wear ring. I will say it is a BEAR to rotate though. Long breaker bar or impact gun is the only thing turning it outside while the pump housing is still outside of the ski. The impeller tool I bought also came with pump bearing and the seals. The bearings it had sounded good should I replace them anyway? Looks like anything except the bearing on the bottom of the shaft that slides out may be tricky to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back