water in oil??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

opfor22

Good day all, need some advice/help here!!!

I have a 2005, supercharged GTX Sea-Doo and I went to change the oil on Saturday. I followed the procedure laid out in the service manual. I ran the craft for approximately 1 minute, let it stand for about 5 minutes and then proceeded to remove the oil filter cover. To my horror, the oil within the filter and motor was milky white in color meaning that water had somehow entered the engine. I also noticed that the coolant recovery tank was empty and needed filling. I’m assuming that coolant is somehow entering the engine. Any ideas oh where I should look first or is this even something a backyard mechanic can fix?

Thanks..

First thing to try is leave the oil in it for now, then fill the coolant tank and leave the cap off and run the engine for a minute and see if any bubbles come out the top. If not then look into the intercooler on the side of the hose that goes into the intake and see if there is water in it. take note on how much it takes to fill the coolant tank. See what the plugs look like, rusty or not will help tell where water might be getting in.

Last edited:
hi
you have 2 thing
1- oil ring seal in side the coolant pump
ex. !! if you refill the coolant tank and start the engine go to coolant pump and see any leaking if ther leaking the oil seal ring damage in side the coolant pump
2- head gasket
if the pump its ok no leaking and radiator hose and plastic connectors its ok
the head gasket is damge
same may problem
ibrahim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back