Water in Oil

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

TomGT28

I ran my 2006 GTX for a few hours a week or so ago and found that the oil had water in it. I also found water in the cylinders when I pulled the plugs. Drained the oil, coolant and put in new plugs. No oil in coolant. Ran for a few minutes, checked oil, and bummer, water again. An observation I made during this second run was water vapor emitting from the flush connection. I had inserted a 16" rigid tube into he stock connection to ease the hose connection that I intentionally left off. I connected the fresh water hose after 10-15 seconds, but the vapor was pressurized as it exited. This is where my manifold concerns stem from.

Anyone with similar problem or ideas?

Oil cooler
Head gasket
Waterpump / oil pump seal
Pro gasket
GAZZ,
THANKS FOR THE INPUT. Since I drained coolant and found it clear of oil, I'm moving past oil cooler as a leak. And, since I saw steam (water vapor) pumping from flush port, what do you think of a leak in the aluminum exhaust manifold? All 3 cylinders had equal amount of water, and compression is good, so I'm not considering head gasket at this time. I don't know how to check water pump or oil seal, but would like to before I pull exhaust manifold.
Thanks again,
Tom G

On the right hand side of PTO cover next to engine mount aft side there is a tiny weep hole that indicates if there is a leak but this hole normal blocks up
Hole is about 3 inches deep
What’s the history on engine
Confirm you are starting engine before switching water on

On the right hand side of PTO cover next to engine mount aft side there is a tiny weep hole that indicates if there is a leak but this hole normal blocks up
Hole is about 3 inches deep
What’s the history on engine
Confirm you are starting engine before switching water on

Gazz, I am starting engine prior to water being turned on. The engine has 160 hrs since new, and the supercharger has about 15 hrs since rebuild. All seemed well during its last run, just the water/oil issue when I flushed. I should mention that immediately after the ocean run, I wasn't able to flush because the start solenoid crapped out. It was a week after the run I was able to replace the solenoid and preform the flush.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back