Water in oil concern Seadoo RXP 300

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jserr68594

I was cleaning the bilge out of my ski by filling the hull up with a water/degreaser mix. The supercharger was just replaced by the dealer and they neglected to install the oil return o ring which appears to be located a couple inches up from the bottom of the supercharger.

At the time of the cleaning, I had no idea that the washer was missing when I was filling the bilge up to rinse out the oil. I do not think I got the water up high enough to cause an issue. The highest I think the water level went up to is the bottom of the air intake on the supercharger, but I am not sure.

If I did get water in the oil, would milky oil show up on the dipstick for sure?

It won't show milky unless it's been run with the water in it to 'blend' it. Otherwise the water will just lay down in the bottom of the pan. Unless you filled the crank with water, you haven't done anything critical but.. Cheap insurance, run the motor on the hose for several minutes or take a short in-water trip at a light cruise. This will emulsify the water/oil and while still warm, change the oil.

I did take the ski for a short trip and checked the oil. It looks perfect, with no signs of water. Do you think I am okay or should I change the oil? Thanks!

I am no expert in this matter what so ever but my recommendation would be to change the oil to be safe. The little money spent on changing the oil is a lot less than something actually happening "if" there was water in there. A few bucks now will be well worth the piece of mind knowing that there is nothing in there. Good luck.

Small (very small) amounts of water in your oil are not a huge concern. In fact you get water in there all the time via condensation. The oil in these things is exposed to temps over the boiling point and the water will be steamed off. The bigger concern is antifreeze in the oil as it does not steam off nor does it lubricate. Oil changes are never a bad thing on an SC engine but as far as not getting every once out, don't sweat it!

I will do that. It stinks that you cannot suck out all of the oil during a change though.
You can suck out almost all of the oil by following this procedure:
1) Prior to removing any oil, run engine for 10 seconds at 4000 RPM and shut it off at this RPM. This will move oil from PTO housing to oil tank.
2) Suck out all the oil you can, then pull the suction tube out of the dipstick hole and then crank engine (do not start) This can be done by putting the engine in “drown mode” (i.e. fully depress the throttle lever and hold, then crank engine) After cranking engine for 10 seconds, suction out oil again. Take the tube out of the dipstick hole and repeat this process 2 to 3 more times, until no more oil is being sucked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back