Water in Locker - Challenger 210 - Help!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

SandraZ

I’m writing this for my dad who purchased a SeaDoo Challenger 210 in May 2010.

On the first day using the boat, he noticed about 4” of water in the ski locker. He was concerned and called Bombardier who told him to take a picture and send to them. After many calls to Bombardier, he was told that water was getting into the locker because the boat was sitting in the water. My dad found that odd because isn’t the boat supposed to be sitting in the water?

Has anyone else had this problem with this model or another model SeaDoo boat? Did anyone contact Bombardier and if so what did they say? I think I saw couple of threads on this and I did have my dad read them but he is adamant that this shouldn't be happening and wants Bombardier to do something about it. Any comments would be appreciated. :)

So did you only use the boat that one time throughout the summer?? If not, did you have water in the locker each time you went out?? does it drain out or stay in there??

The floor locker drains into the engine compartment were it would get pumped out by the pump....maybe the drain holes into the engine compartment are plugged??

He should just take the boat back to the dealer and have them fix the problem...it still is under warranty!!

Another cause is maybe a clamp isn't tight on the water line. I had this when a tow tap was installed. Water sprayed the engine compartment, when it gets enough in it will enter the ski locker.

This is an known issue with the C180 the ski locker is lower than the part it drains into. It does suck. I have been thinking about using a 12v pump with a nice long hose to see if I cannot remedy the situation. Although heading up the ramp usually works well for a drain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back