Warm Weather In Canada

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

kustomkarl

Premium Member
Premium Member
With the weather warming up in the great north, it must be seadoo time. Lets hear from our neighbors to the north.

Karl

It sure is. I have been riding for the last three weeks. I'm sure it is still too cold for some people though. Luckily I invested in a riding jacket and some gloves. The water is about 58-60 degrees in my area (Ottawa ON)

If I lived down south I'm sure I would put over 100 hours a year on my Seadoo!!

The normal here in florida IS 100 hrs per year...the weather stinks...it's like 92 today with a water temp of 89*

Karl

Today it is about 72 out. Thats barable at sustained speeds with gloves if the sun is shining. Anything colder than this I would be wearing a riding jacket and/or a wetsuit.

I would love to put 100 hours on my ski a year.....I have put 15 on so far.....so I might be on track :)

Matt

I picked up an '05 RXT this spring and was dying to get out on it. My first ride was May 17th, the water temp. was 53F! I am from Saskatchewan and the ice had just come off the lake 3 weeks prior. I have now got about 7 hours of seat time, and lovin' it.

:eek:I'm still a lobster from cutting the lawn @75F

Heck if it gets down to 75* here, It's too cold to be out cutting the grass...:ack: except in the winter...but the grass won't grow when it's winter...too dry.

Karl

Hello guys, new here this week. I know what Jack is talking about I went for a ride on my friends PWC on May 18th and the water temp was 45 F or about +4 C, in North east Saskatchewan, the ice just came off a couple days before, thankgod for the hottub after.

The first day on my boat this year was april 24, was a little cold, even more so after we jumped a wave did spin and then a wave soaked use lol had 6inches of water on the floor of the boat....

I was out yesterday in Lake Simcoe. Couple beers! It was awesome! Put two hours on the Doo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Warm wheather is on the way,it has to.I'm holding out before I winterize.I want to GPS top speed on calm water before I change the intake grate this winter and compare it next year :hurray:

Warm wheather is on the way,it has to.I'm holding out before I winterize.I want to GPS top speed on calm water before I change the intake grate this winter and compare it next year :hurray:

ya im hopin it warms up again, I had thanks giving last year sitting on chairs in the water at a local sand bar, hopin to do that again this year....

OH and what grate are you putting on i was thinking about doing the same

Boat is all ready detailed and waxed, but if the weather pulls off a twenty something day one weekend it may get dirty again. Other than that the only trip it will go on is to the upholstery shop next Wednesday for a new bimini, and maybe bow and cockpit covers depending on price.

Aaron

OH and what grate are you putting on i was thinking about doing the same[/QUOTE]

I went back to see the thread with the url, and it mysterisly vanished.The site had a list of mods and top speeds of PWC's with the same motor.It was good reading, Anyway its a Riva intake,which this forum vendor sells:)

Back