Wanting to buy a used reliable jet ski who's got what and recommendations

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bundybob

Hi guys I am wanting a no spend turn key(so to speak)reliable jet ski that has had all the bugs taken out or had neccesarry rebuilds if hours are up. Must be reliable use will be social tubings boarding and skiing.
I am new to the jet ski world but know I WANT A SEADOO.
open to suggestions of best value/reliable machine ceramic washers replaced shafts replaced etc
thanks in advance bob

Ive never ridden the GTR. Id assume its basically the same thing just with more power. They use the same hull.

For that money look into a used RXT-X 255 or 260. Over here in MI my local dealer sold a brand new GTR for just over 10

Doubt it. They're too new still. They've only been out a couple of years. If you really want a GTR you're probably stuck buying a new one.

i've seen gtr's , used, still under warranty for about 8K, a friend of mine just sold his.

i'd say in your price range, based on what i've learned (i'm in the market as well, but for half that entry price), you want an 07 or newer model, has all the "important" fixes built in. I'd also suggest getting a -x model, since it has some nice built in performance upgrades that you won't have to do later if you buy the base rxp/rxt and decide you want a little more "brap"

Last edited by a moderator:
No such thing as a GTR X. Only RXP X or RXT X. The GTR was designed to be an entry level muscle craft. It won't have all the factory options that are available on the higher end X models.

Also keep in mind that the prices the guys have quoted you are US prices. Prices in Australia could be and are probably higher and if you buy a used ski in the US there are going to be export and duty fees plus the cost of shipping which are considerable. Overall it's probably going to be cheaper to buy a new one from a dealer in Oz.

Lou

Actually I am looking for a US machine I import boats and looking to fill a little space in a container so if you know anyone selling a good ski let me know
Thanks bob

correct on the above, no gtr X.
just rxpx rxtx
and ya, if your in oz, well, you understand the pricing.
(duly noted my quotes were Florida pricing, which in generally 10-20% less than area's north of us.)
i'd probably say 9K might be a better minimum for a GTR, but you'd probably be better off with an rxp model
curiously, how much does a container cost a fella shipped from us to oz ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back