Wakeboard tower

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Supchargered25

dose anyone know were to get a wakeboard tower for a speedster 07. Thanks dose not cost an arm and a leg from seadoo. Or should i have some one custom make me one?

Monstertower.com. The MT1 is on sale right now for under 1000 bucks. Thers some pics on the website of people that have them on boats like yours. Check them out.

they have some MK1's with finish blemishes for $800. I love the cargo bimini top they offer but the damn thing costs as much as the tower.

dose anyone know were to get a wakeboard tower for a speedster 07. Thanks dose not cost an arm and a leg from seadoo. Or should i have some one custom make me one?

spend the money and get a factory one,

(pluses of a factory tower)

-wont hurt the value of your boat, it will increase it
-looks better then any after market one
-easy to install,Tower bolts to the existing bars on your boat.

(negatives about an aftermarket tower)

-will hurt the re-sale value of your boat it will make your boat harder to sell if you ever decided to.
-wont look as good
-youll need to add more supports to the hull where it attaches so it can with stand the load.

factory tower is $3K, monstertower MT1 is $1000 or MT2 at 1300.

I do not see any existing bars on my challenger for factory tower! Maybe speedster has it!
how can factory look better? Its just a tower, unless the thing is pink, has spinner wheels on it, lots of stickers, double stacker wing or something unusuall. even then there is got to be someone out there to like that, not everyone has the same taste. every tower out there is basicly is the same thing, some are curved differently but they all do the same thing.
at 3K for the tower alone it better bring the resale value up.

hows is aftermarket tower hurt the sale? It might not bring the value up much but it will make it easier to sell.

lots of people used aftermarket towers, if they are that bad as you make it then thre would be only OEM on market.

I did some searching and from couple pics I found the OEM tower is mounted on top of those bars on the side? I dont know how can it be mounted since I dont own a speedster 200 but it cant be that hard to mount a aftermarket one just like that.

I did found a few posts where guys said OEM ones broke and had to be welded. no warranty on those, MT has a 5 year warranty.

just my 2 cents.

i live in clearwater and i got a guy i know tht lives and works in tarpon springs to install a tower on my speedster for pretty cheap and it works really good. i have had no problems with it. i can give u his number if u want it

spend the money and get a factory one,

(pluses of a factory tower)

-wont hurt the value of your boat, it will increase it
-looks better then any after market one
-easy to install,Tower bolts to the existing bars on your boat.

(negatives about an aftermarket tower)

-will hurt the re-sale value of your boat it will make your boat harder to sell if you ever decided to.
-wont look as good
-youll need to add more supports to the hull where it attaches so it can with stand the load.
yes, no, no, no, no, no

Go with the Monster MT2. It is a much sleeker looking tower over the MT1. I put mine on myself and I've had no spider cracks yet. Nice to install.

I have a MT1 sitting in basement waiting for spring. I talked to them and was told MT2 is mainly for 24ft boats and larger. MT1 is still the same tube diameter as MT2. they recomended the MT1 to me and had one with blemih for $800. I looked at the hardware and didnt find anything wrong with it yet, maybe im blind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back