Wake Tower for Challenger 1800

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

fuzzydice

Dudes! I have a 1997 Challenger 1800, and I'd love to throw a wake tower on it. I've been told the high-quality aircraft aluminum towers (like from Aerial Wakeboarding) are the way to go. The one I want is $3,500, but my boat is only worth like $6,000. People tell me I should just change boats if I'm going to spend that much money on it, but I like the antiquated two-strokes. Anyone ever installed a wake tower on a similar boat? If so, what brand and where did you buy? Am I being unreasonable by trying to teach an old dog new tricks?

I put this one on my 98 speedster. I don't know the the difference in dimensions for your particular model.
Origin advancer wakeboard tower glossy black - Origin

We had the chop off a good 40cm's ++ off the top beam in order to get the tower to fit. The instructions say it should fit based on the measurements but it wouldn't on ours.

For the back mount we made external drills close to the speaker grill so we could gain access from inside the boat to install the mount points. The front mounts were accesible from the storage compartments.

Attachments

• boat3.jpg
    boat3.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 21
  • boat2.jpg
    boat2.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 19
  • boat1.jpg
    boat1.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 19
Awesome! I like it! It looks good on your boat, so I bet it will look good on mine. Thanks so much-- I'll prolly go with this one. It looks simple and I could throw a Bimini attachment on there

I put this one on my 98 speedster. I don't know the the difference in dimensions for your particular model.
Origin advancer wakeboard tower glossy black - Origin

We had the chop off a good 40cm's ++ off the top beam in order to get the tower to fit. The instructions say it should fit based on the measurements but it wouldn't on ours.

For the back mount we made external drills close to the speaker grill so we could gain access from inside the boat to install the mount points. The front mounts were accesible from the storage compartments.
That’s awesome. Can you post some more pics with it up? How did you feel about the overall quality of the Origin product?

Last question- do you absolutely need inside access to install the mount points? I ask because I have a 97 speedster and I don’t think there are any good access points on it.

That’s awesome. Can you post some more pics with it up? How did you feel about the overall quality of the Origin product?

Last question- do you absolutely need inside access to install the mount points? I ask because I have a 97 speedster and I don’t think there are any good access points on it.
I'm away working ATM but Remind me in 3 days I have to take the boat out at that time. I'll make a video detailing the mount points, show what it looks like up. We put ours down every time to fit in the garage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back