video cam mount ideas for SeaDoo

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
I understand what you're saying about being able to use it as a grab handle for reboarding, but the force and pressure being applied while reboarding is a little different than when you're bouncing over closely spaced swells at 50 mph. I mean I have a Garmin for my car that's locking suction cup will fall off my windshield if I hit a mild pothole. I guess this is where my skepticism is coming from.
Not sure if this was suction mount or not but seeing this video, I understand the concern! This guy was lucky in getting it back!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b6n1MwXCcs

That's insane how long it was in the water for and that he actually got it back without a scratch on it. Apparently those waterproof cases do their job! Wouldn't it make sense to make those cases buoyant since the very purpose of the GoPro in the case is to use on/in the water?! Just another way they can make money off you. I have actually seen some people using the suction cup mount will attach some sort of lanyard from the camera case to the ski in case it does happen to break loose. Not a bad idea.

Not sure if this was suction mount or not but seeing this video, I understand the concern! This guy was lucky in getting it back!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b6n1MwXCcs

I'm willing to bet that he didn't mount in on a 100% flat surface. Mine has never budged and rode through some chop hard. Even during during hurricane Isaac it didn't fall off. Granted the chop caused by it in the Great Lakes is nothing compared to what was in the south. Here's a video I took during that time. The one time the camera moved was because the knob that tightens the camera to the mount was loose (dummy me).

[youtube]tt1azrI6QCg[/youtube]

Pretty impressive stability. I think that video just solidified my decision. I feel like I would want to attach some kind of lanyard from the camera/mount to the ski just for a little insurance. The Barnegat Bay has already taken possession of 4 pairs of my sunglasses...It's not gonna get my damn gopro haha

I've used a safety lanyard before just in case. Losing sunglasses is one thing but I'm not losing a gopro.

I've done comparisons with the gopro and the sony version. Gopro costs more but your getting more out of the camera.

So I placed a couple bids on ebay and my GoPro should be at my doorstep on Monday. Got it for a price i could live with so I couldn't pass it up. Anyone with experience using these cameras? Any little pointers maybe the manual won't tell you would be helpful thanks

The sony has a life jacket style thing that floats. It attaches to the case

Make sure you get the "floaty back door" for the go pro in case you drop it in the drink while attaching it to the mount. It will float with almost every mount except the suction cup behemoth.

Make sure you get the "floaty back door" for the go pro in case you drop it in the drink while attaching it to the mount. It will float with almost every mount except the suction cup behemoth.

I was actually planning on getting the suction cup mount. However my plan was to get some kind of lanyard to hook from the camera/mount to the ski. But then i run the risk of having it banging against my hull if the suction cup actually comes loose. I guess I'm still torn

I was paranoid at first and just used a paracord lanyard on the mount in case it came loose. Never did but in the unlikely event it happened the gopro can bang around all day and be fine. I'd be more concerned with the scratches and knicks on the gel coat of the hull.

Oh yeah I was referring to the hull getting dinged up...I've seen the abuse these cameras can take with that case they come with.

So I got my new GoPro and I'm having an issue with the video recordings that I can't seem to resolve. I've been through all the settings and I'm stuck so here I am. When I take a video, every 5 seconds exactly, it fast forwards for a about a second throughout the entire recording! So to be clear I'm getting 5 seconds of video, then 1 second of fast forwarding video and this cycle occurs throughout the entire video! Any answers to this issue would be a big help...

So I got my new GoPro and I'm having an issue with the video recordings that I can't seem to resolve. I've been through all the settings and I'm stuck so here I am. When I take a video, every 5 seconds exactly, it fast forwards for a about a second throughout the entire recording! So to be clear I'm getting 5 seconds of video, then 1 second of fast forwarding video and this cycle occurs throughout the entire video! Any answers to this issue would be a big help...

http://goprouser.freeforums.org/lagging-issues-t3246.html

Back