VeVe Guides for Your Trailer

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

biffdotorg

Anyone using VeVe Guides on their trailer with a current SeaDoo or an older Challenger 1800 or 2000? I am trying to determine what length to go with.

http://www.veveinc.com/shop/Boat-Trailer-Post-Guide-Ons-For-Boats-and-Pontoons/

These seem to be very popular on many boating forums. I see less expensive post-guides at Gander Mountain, and Cabelas. The VeVe seem to be of a higher quality all the way around. They can be ordered in different lengths with Gold-Anodized or Galvanized finish.

I really don't think I will need the 65" length model. I guess this would be determined by size of the boat and how deep one usually has to put the trailer in to launch or retreive the boat.

Folks on the Yamaha Jet Boating forum rave about how easy loading is with these installed. Many add on the pad option or use Screamin Sacs to protect the boats finish. I will admit that my wife has gotten good at driving on, but I think these may help her out quite a bit. There is no moving that boat once it's on the trailer and out of the water. So getting it right the first time is a time saver.

Since the inboard wake boats have the fixed prop further forward, you don't see many of thier trailers without guide posts like these. It seems to be standard equipment to protect their investment.

Your opinions and advice are always appreciated! We are now counting the days to ice-out!! WOO WOO!!

Those guides are shaped like the letter L.They leave a big cookie cutter hanging out there.You can get one's that bolt on to the trailer lengthwise.Not across the trailer.They have one more bend in them so they run along the side of the main chasis of the trailer. not across it.
Looking from the rear of the trailer,you have the vertical tube.At the bottom it goes 90% to the right and then it has one more piece that runs forward.This is the bit that bolts on to the trailer.(this is for the lefthand side guide post)

I would think the 47 inch one is plenty tall enough for a Challenger 180. I have been thinking about adding guides to my 2009 180SE Challenger trailer, however I can't decide whether to go with PVC posts, rollers or bunk style. Also I am not sure where to place the posts in relation to the trailer wheels. The pics show them back of the wheels - this makes sense as the entry point is where you need the guiding, however with the bow being wider than the stern, I wonder if the posts should be further forward. Anyone have experience or an opinion re. guide placement and/or pros & cons of pots,roller or bunk style?

I had the bunk-style guides on the sides of my previous Shore Land'r trailer, but that boat didn't need the trailer backed into the water as far, so they sat just at the surface.

My X-20 needs the trailer in further, so bunks would be well submerged and would provide no guidance. I think I will order the 48" and mount them as far back as possible and set them at the width of the widest point of the boat. Once the boat is lined up, it settles into the bunks well. It may allow me to not put the trailer in as deep and power on once lined up.

Well, I bit the bullet and went with the 65" ones. When measuring the 47" from the trailer frame, it only put me about 8" above my rub rail while on the trailer. So while submerged, there would have been a good chance the post would catch under the rubrail.

I have the mounting hardware and pipes/pvc in my garage with black paint on them to make it all look nice. They were gold annodized, but the white PVC was just plain ugly. The VeVe branded guides are solid equipment. They have done these right. The pads from VeVe seem to be the way to go as well. They used a heavy Cordura-like canvas to cover the pads rather than nylon that could tear or snag.

I will have a video up soon, but in the meantime, I have a photo of the mock-up on the trailer before paint. It will look nice with all black hardware and PVC once done. It think the height will be perfect and my wife will thank me the first time she loads this spring at the lake!!

More to come...
53.jpg

54.jpg

Loaded and unloaded for the first time this weekend since installation. The VeVe guides worked great. I did some minor adjustment, but I think my wife will agree.

She was a little freaked out when we dropped it in as I had them in a little too far. The boat stopped at it's widest point. A bit of reverse and it backed right off.

Loading was a breeze. She pointed the bow between and the boat lined right up and settled where it was supposed to be. I think these are well worth the investement and we will appreciate them more on a windy day, or loading in the current of the river.

I need something like that for my PWC trailer. Problem is you cant see the empty trailer behind my dually. Backing the empty trailer up is a pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back