Utopia Owners... and others - How Much was your Interior?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

MKITGO2

Hey,
So I need a new Interior for my '04 Utopia 205. I just got the first of a couple request quotes back and it blew my mind.... They quoted $10K just for labour, claiming 120 hours at a shop rate of $87/hr.

With a couple more quotes to come in.. I am bracing myself!

I had it in my head (and so maybe I am crazy) to expect between $1500 and $3000. I have no experience with having marine/boat interiors done, but this is after speaking to a couple aquantances and from what I have seen on-line.

Am I way off base in my expectations?

I am getting the 3 bow cushions and 2 backrests done, the captains and passengers chairs (my passenger is the bench seat), the 2 rear seat cushions and the sun deck. I had planned to pull all the pieces myself and take them in to the shop (leaving the boat in the water or in storage)

I would greatly appreciate any feedback/advice.

FYI - I have looked for pre-cut/sewn kits and there are none out there for the Utopia.

Cheers,
MK

that's the shops way of saying they're not interested in the job because they already have too much work.
I literally had every seat, cushion, bench, sundeck done over on my 22' sylvan pontoon a few years back and the total bill was $3100- about 1/2 the price it would've cost me to just replace all the furniture. he had the pontoon over the winter. $10k to do a utopia seems ridiculous to me. will he go lower if you remove all the cushions and bring them in?

that's the shops way of saying they're not interested in the job because they already have too much work........will he go lower if you remove all the cushions and bring them in?

I agree it was sandbag quote and That was with me bringing in the pieces.

Wish I was in the position to turn away work like that... should have learned a trade.

MK

A year ago I bought a kit for my Challenger 1800 and installed it myself; I've never done anything like it before and it came out great. Had to buy a compressor and a staple gun. For the parts that looked difficult I just took them to a shop and paid cash for the labor (if you walk in with all the parts and pay cash you will be surprised at the discount). I'll post some pics later. The kit was like $500 and really good quality.

Hey,
So I need a new Interior for my '04 Utopia 205. I just got the first of a couple request quotes back and it blew my mind.... They quoted $10K just for labour, claiming 120 hours at a shop rate of $87/hr.

With a couple more quotes to come in.. I am bracing myself!

I had it in my head (and so maybe I am crazy) to expect between $1500 and $3000. I have no experience with having marine/boat interiors done, but this is after speaking to a couple aquantances and from what I have seen on-line.

Am I way off base in my expectations?

I am getting the 3 bow cushions and 2 backrests done, the captains and passengers chairs (my passenger is the bench seat), the 2 rear seat cushions and the sun deck. I had planned to pull all the pieces myself and take them in to the shop (leaving the boat in the water or in storage)

I would greatly appreciate any feedback/advice.

FYI - I have looked for pre-cut/sewn kits and there are none out there for the Utopia.

Cheers,
MK
1400 and gorgeous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back