Utopia Grate Intake Problems

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

bkutopia

Hi there I have a 2006 Seadoo Utopia 205 SE with twin 155's. My boat has the special ICS. The grates are suppose to come down to clear any debris like weeds etc. My unit does not seem to be getting power and is not working. Is this tied in with the DESS Computer? Is there a way to check a fuse or line somewhere? Not sure where the computer is located. Everything else works great. Just trying to figure out if its the switch or something else. Thanks for your help.

Check your fuses. My 06 has blown the fuse before. I don't think it's labeled ICS in the fuse box though. I don't recall what bus it was on so just check to see if you have any blown fuses. Does the switch light up when you press it? I believe the boat has to be in neutral and at idle for the system to work. I found the ICS to never work properly, the grate would never return to neutral so I ended up removing it and I now have a fix grate on it. The only problem with the fixed grate is I can no longer reach in there and pull out weeds etc.

Thanks for the reply. All the fuses are good. The switch does not light up at all even with the running light on it is the only switch that doesn't light up. It's not the end of the world but it would be nice to have it work. I don't think there is power going to the switch. Just not sure where else to look.

Hi bkutopia :) (here could be your name),
The ICS switch isn’t directly linked to the ICS motor and yes, the fuse has no proper description but it is just under your helm behind the flap. It’s the 10 amp fuse which is at the top end (I think it’s the only 10 amp fuse at the end, at the other side it might be 5 amp). If this fuse is broken, the ICS will not work. But prior to this the throttle switches send a 12v signal to the relays which you can find behind the cushion from the right bow seat. This relays opens the ground circuit which goes to the ICS switch. With the switch you trigger ground to the ICS module and then the grates starts moving. Unfortunately the grates drive is a poor design. I changed it on my boat and now it’s working properly and the stop position is always very accurate. You can see it on YouTube in my link.
I can send you a screen-shoot from the wiring of the ICS system. Just send me a private mail ;-)
Greetings from South-West Germany
Ingo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgbBiN-EDcc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back